Monday 25 August 2014

HOLLYOAKS - Bye Bye Carmel!

Bye Bye Carmel!
It's was a bit of a sob Sunday for Hollyoaks fans yesterday, as Gemma Merna announced that she would be leaving the soap.

That can only mean one thing... we say 'see ya' to Carmel McQueen, too. *Dries eyes*

After eight years, an upcoming story will see Carmel totter away from Hollyoaks, but how will she go?

Now, we all know that Theresa is returning to the village, havign seen her first appearance in Friday's first look on E4. How will Carmel feel about this, as we all know that she's taken Theresa's daughter, Kathleen-Angel on as her own. Will our Carm' run off with the little'un - or will Theresa go to dramatic lengths to make sure she keeps her baby?

Sonny Valentine is also a massive wrong-un, isn't he! As much as the cop seems to love Carmel, he's no stranger to seeing people off or putting them in danger...

Of course, Carmel could always just chuck on her stilettos and sashay off into the sunset to live with her sister Jacqui in Spain, or, knowing Myra is making a short comeback, Carmel could leave with her mum.

Gemma Merna told the Daily Star Sunday:

"I've had a great time being part of the show for eight years and I'm excited to push myself and explore new avenues. I've got an exciting business launch for later in the year that I'm working on. I also have some great storylines before I go."

Hollyoaks' executive producer Bryan Kirkwood added: "The role of Carmel was never in our plan until Gemma Merna tottered into the audition room with a gold lamé handkerchief and thigh-high boots.I'd like to thank her for being a valued company member and for creating one of our most lovable characters."
Who else is going to miss our Carm'?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...