Thursday 22 January 2015

EASTENDERS - My near-final Lucy Beale theory...


Last night's NTA's bought us a clue from EastEnders pointing towards Lucy Beale's murder mystery. 

That clue was 'This is the last thing Lucy Beale heard' and inside the locked safe-box was Lucy's musical jewellery box, where she hid her drugs and the same box that was given to a charity shop after Lucy's death, lastly seen wrapped as a present to baby Beth round the Beale's Christmas tree...

So - what does this tell us?

Lots of speculation online is pointing to Lucy being murdered in the Beale household - and fingers are pointing towards Jane. Of course, she hid the phone and purse under the Beale living room floorboards, instead of destroying them after Ben and Jay confessed to burying them in the allotment.
People online are thinking that maybe Jane confronted Lucy, and accidentally killed her. There are far too many ideas to put in just one paragraph, so I'm going to break my own theory down... 

Lucy died at home - but she might not have been killed there...
We know that her body was moved to Walford Common. We can now imagine that because the music box was the last thing Lucy heard, she died in her bedroom, at home. Hence the speculation about Jane being her killer. 
I'm going to think outside of the box a little bit...
Just because Lucy died at home, doesn't mean that's where the reason of her death occurred.
There were traces of blood, I believe, in the house Stacey now lives with Kat. Jake Stone lived there at the time and was arrested for Lucy's murder because of the evidence. We also know that Lucy and Jake shared a cab home. So she ended up in the house. But, her blood could have come from where she hit her head in Max's port-a-cabin - so that's a dead end. 
I think that whoever wanted to hurt Lucy did so outside of the Beale house. Lucy managed to get home and died there, because of her injuries...

Who moved her body?
So Lucy wasn't meant to have been killed. Whoever did it, did it accidentally. We know this from Emma telling the killer, when she met them, that 'it doesn't matter, it's still murder.' So, the killer, or someone close to them, was trying to justify their actions. 
The two main suspects, buzzing round online, are Jane Beale and Abi Branning.
Me? I've thought about it and I'm highlighting Peter...
Max and Abi know something about what happened on Good Friday, but I'm not sold 100% that Abi did it, nor am I about Jane. 
But I do think that someone found Lucy's body, music box still playing, and moved her to the Common to help whoever the killer is. 

I think that Jane knows the killer, and helped them... But it's not her!
My number one theory: 
Someone (who I'm not too sure on yet) but I'm swaying towards Peter, hurt Lucy, causing her fatal injury. Maybe Jane witnessed this looking out of the Masood house window, where she also saw Lauren not go in to the Beale home.
After watching Lucy go into the house, Jane too goes over to see if she's okay following the altercation she witnessed, finds her lifeless, and for some reason moves her body... Implicating her - (remember her guilty conversation with Masood after Lucy's body was found?) and hence her hiding the phone and purse, and not sticking around for Lucy's funeral.
It also answers Peter's desperate attempt to get hold of Lucy the day her body was found. He knows they fought and he injured her - but where was she? His reaction when Ian told him that his sister was dead, I can imagine was true to how a twin would be. Devastated. But, it's always struck me just how emotive that scene was... And it was for a reason.
Emma then realised that it only took five minutes for something so terrible to happen, after Dean's exclamation in the Vic about Patrick falling over. Emma assumed that the killer was Jane, and called her out. Jane wanted to meet, to explain, to which, we know, Emma agreed. 'It's still murder...' and the text she sent (I believe to Jane) 'I can't keep the secret...' before she died, herself, of a similar injury to Lucy. (Ironic?) So Jane explained what she saw Peter (my main suspect at the moment) do, and how she moved Lucy to protect him. Emma was telling Jane, that even though Peter didn't mean to - he still caused her death - and she couldn't keep it secret.

As for Max and Abi - Abi helped Max get rid of traces of Lucy's blood from where she hit her head in the port-a-cabin, that's it. But Abi knows more... 
She's done some twisted things to Lauren (scary mask, anyone?) and is a tad unhinged at the moment. I wonder if this all stems from her either seeing Jane move Lucy's body to the car or from her walking into the Beale's house to confront Lucy head-on over her affair with Max, and saw Jane standing over Lucy and believes that Jane killed her?
Abi bought the music box from the charity shop, and put it under the tree, knowing that Jane would be freaked out? Abi's just a messed up teen at the moment. She's not a killer...

What do you think of my newest theory?

In no doubt, over the next month I'll change my mind again, and I'm enjoying hearing the theories of others online... But for now, I'm sticking with this one!


OTHER SOAP NEWS

REALITY TELLY GOSSIP

DRAMA STUFF



No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...