Monday 9 February 2015

EASTENDERS - The Queen of the Vic, meets the King...


She's baaaacccckkkk! But it ain't a case of 'get out of my pub' - or is it?

These pictures show Barbara Windsor - Queen of the beehive, as well as the Vic - make her return, just in time for the soaps 30th Anniversary. Babs and Danny Dyer, who plays The Vic's newest landlord, Mick Carter, look as though they're getting on like a house on fire in these photos.

But rumor has it that Mick might just be using Peggy's signature line on her, himself - and throws her out of the pub!

Barbara returns for just one episode, maybe to sort out the Mitchell mess, since Phil's been innocently languishing behind bars, Ronnie's future looks bleak as she's still in a coma and Sharon (who's doing a good job, as it goes!) has taken over the Mitchell matriarchy.


Danny Dyer has also spoken at his absolute happiness that he finally got a scene with Babs, on her return stint. 

He said:

"It was a real moment when I got told because for me, I think EastEnders had some of its best moments when Barbara was at the helm. So it was a shame that when I came in, Barbara was no longer in the show. So when I was told Barbara was coming back for an episode and doing a scene with me, it was just a real moment of like, 'Wow, wow, it's gonna happen!' I think we were both a little bit nervous, to be honest with you. I was a bit nervous obviously because Barbara was the matriarch. It's an intimidating place to act in The Vic, so we were both nervous together and I think that worked beautifully. She's a beautiful lady and I think we both inspired each other in different ways.
I've known Barbara for a little while but not well. But she was lovely. She wound me up and said, 'Oi you, I want a word with you!' I was like, 'Oh no, here we go', and then she wound me up and gave me a big cuddle. It was lovely to be around her. Barbara is a real force and a real presence and a massive EastEnders fan. She gave me the thumbs up which is a massive thing!"

EastEnders' 30th celebrations begin next week, and remember, there are live elements to EACH episode, from Tuesday, through to Thursday, a special flashback ep also airing on Thursday and then a full half-hour live episode on the Friday.

Lucy Beale's murderer, is said to be revealed on Thursday 19th. 

At least we know it definitely wasn't Peggy. 

Was it..! 

OTHER SOAP NEWS

REALITY TELLY GOSSIP

DRAMA STUFF







  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...