Friday 28 August 2015

CBB: Launch Night Review


In the RED corner... In the BLUE corner... It began all very American, didn't it! Or like an episode of Gladiators!
The launch itself was very well done, with laughs from the overly excited housemates, awkward stage interviews with Emma for the Americans who - well, just don't seem to 'get it' (Farrah Abraham!) and the nervousness of most of the UK housemates.
As usual, Emma Willis made the launch what it was. She's a great presenter, so likable and her love for the show shines through at all times.

I was unsure I'd enjoy the UK vs USA theme, as I've said before, some of the American housemates that have previously graced our CBB house have been a nuisance, and grated on many of us while trying to watch. But after what I saw last night I think I might enjoy the war of the two countries, especially as a mini cat-fight has already kicked off between Atomic Kitten's Natasha Hamilton and 16 and Pregnant's Farrah Abraham.

So far, the housemates have not been well received on social media, and labeled as let-downs. I'm trying to look on the bright side, and on second thoughts, on the Brit side, we've got a couple of crackers. I'm not too over keen on any of the USA housemates, apart from Scoop, who seems funny and down to earth, but he could soon stir some trouble, I'm sure.

Austin Armacost
On entering the house and while speaking briefly to Emma, Austin seemed up-himself, arrogant and a bit of a pain. But he's had some good feedback from those who have met him before as being a nice guy, so we'll soon see. To be honest, I'd never heard of him before last night, so can't really have an opinion until I see more of his time in the house...

Chris Ellison
I really liked Chris' intro video... I think he'll be one of those housemates that looks tough, but on the inside he's just a teddy bear. I think he'll want to win tasks and be very patriotic that the UK team do well. He seemed very friendly towards everyone and remembered Natasha from years ago, before she was even famous with Atomic Kitten. To me, this proves he must be a genuine person, as not many 'celebs' take notice of much around them!

Daniel Baldwin
Daniel seems friendly enough, and not too OTT for his background. He wants to mingle and get to know everyone, which I sometimes think the USA housemates struggle to do. Again, I don't know much about him personally to comment, but I'm looking forward to seeing what he'll bring. I also think he'll be the American sides Alpha male.

Farrah Abraham
She's already annoyed Natasha, by being a sore loser, and has said that she doesn't have time for people who want to play as part of the team, so maybe she will be one who wants to win. Farrah has come across a tad immature so far, so I'm not sure she will really bond with anyone apart from maybe Tila Tequila.

Gail Porter
Gail got lots of cheers and rightly so. She will add to the group of UK housemates, who are all relatively 'normal', which is what I think works to do well in CBB. Gail seemed quiet last night, but I think after a few days she will find her voice and be somewhat of a leader in the house, along with Natasha, who she already seems to have had some history with. The two get on well, so may be a force to be reckoned with in there... In a good way.

James Hill
Confident little soul, isn't he! Confident or cocky, not quite sure, but James might be like Marmite. I think I'll end up laughing at him, and then wanting him off my screen for five minutes! He seems open to love (or lust!) so who knows what might happen here...

Jenna Jameson
A self-proclaimed 'monster', I don't know anything about Jenna to give an opinion, only from what I've seen last night. She's said she isn't really one to hold her tongue, either, but I always find the ones who say this upon entering are usually the ones to stay schtum. Jenna also says she intimidates people... I can see what she means, as last night she seemed quite brash, but that could have been nerves or her way of trying to get her personality across. Of all of the American girls, she's the one I don't mind so much, so far.

Natasha Hamilton
I like Natasha, and always found her to be honest, upfront and fun-loving whenever I've seen her before. I think she's got what it takes to be a good housemate, an all-rounder, who everyone can see a bit of themselves in. She will say her piece (she already has with Farrah), but will do so fairly and also bring comfort and friendliness, too. She could go all the way.

Scoop
My favourite American so far, altogether. He was funny, when after only the second person entered, said he couldn't be beothered getting up all the time to greet the latest celeb to enter!
Scoop's entry interview with Emma was fun and friendly, too, but I'm under no illusion he could easily get the hump if things progressively go in a way he's not happy with!

Sherrie Hewson
I was pleased when I saw Sherrie go in first. Her appearance on Celeb Come Dine with Me proved she's an accident waiting to happen, but in an endearing and lovable kind of way. Already causing a giggle during the Battle for Supremacy task, at the end of the launch last night, she forgot to load her ball into the launcher... This is the kind of scatty actions we can expect from Sheree, who I think, like Natasha, will also do well.

Stevi Ritchie & Chloe Jasmine
The pair are one housemate, but while they are both probably very nice people, Stevi's niceness and eagerness to please may soon grate on people. I also think he could be very high on energy at times, and need reeling in. Maybe that's why he and Chloe work... She seems sweet and genuinely lovely. Nothing against Stevi, but I think Chloe has the legs to go far, but Stevi may just halt them both from going far. They are both (especially Stevi) deeply patriotic, which may firce them forward to those of us supporting team UK!

Tila
I think Tila will be the annoying housemate of the series. Bless her, she doesn't seem to have much to bring, if her intro video has anything to go by. She's very patriotic for her American roots and says she's not all sexual but actually pretty 'goofy' too. Lets see if she can change opinions I've seen about her over the next few days...

Tonight's show will see Bobby Davro and Janice Dickenson enter the house, with the aim to become power housemates, battling it out to be named Prime Minister or President of their respective countries in the house.
I think Janice will end up being my fave American, as she was great in I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here, and Bobby is laways game for a laugh, although like Stevi - may be too much on the joke front and rub some people up the wrong way.

With the Brits having won the first battle last night for Supremacy, will we continue to shine over the Americans?

MORE CBB

REALITY TELLY GOSSIP

DRAMA NEWS

SOAP NEWS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...